I am stressed many hours of the day, but it disguises itself as motivation to achieve. Thank God. Anyhoo, there are moments when I realize that I am actually stressed, and it is usually when I become extremely hard to communicate with. So much so that I don’t even understand myself. That’s when I know that the time has come to indulge in pure, unadulterated fun! If you know me, then you know that I am a self-proclaimed (and can back my shit up) expert in funning!
Now, you don’t have to engage in fun the way I do, but I suggest that you take notes and try some things out that I may mention from time to time.
- Get to know the benefits of Eventbrite. Eventbrite is a great source to get connected to fun events curated by tastemakers that may be influencing you already and want to provide you with some fun. Some curators even offer free tickets if you sign up early. Stay Woke!
- Avoid ruining your fun with bad shoes. Look. I am a fashionista. I understand the need to look good out here, but invest in a happy medium. When you allow style to get in the way of fun, you’re the loser. Invest in beautiful, stylish, comfortable shoes. If they must be heels, arrive at the venue early so that you can secure a good seat. Planning for fun. It matters.
- Don’t be afraid to talk to people who you don’t know. I meet really awesome people whenever I go out. I also meet some assholes. You know what? The awesome ones make meeting an asshole here and there bearable. Be nice. Smile. Share a joke. Dance. Hey, if you want to make out, make out. Also, don’t be a judgy bear. Don’t judge yourself, and don’t judge others. Manage your own funning. Okay? Kk.
- Dance! Find your signature move at home in the mirror by yourself. Get so comfortable that when your song comes on, you can do that signature move with ease and enjoy yourself! Have fun. If you know me, you know my life is dedicated to bodyrolling. In the name of Jesus. #bodyroll
- Be safe. Having fun doesn’t mean do all of the stupid things. Maintain your wits about you ok? Be safe with your intake of all things, including someone else’s body parts. That is all that I will say about that.
Recently, I enjoyed Memorial Day Weekend in the best way.
- I celebrated the birthdays of my Sistahcousin Wums in Washington, DC at a rooftop bar called Avery’s. I say yes to Avery’s. Every time.
- I celebrated my sister and business partner, Sallay’s birthday the next day in Manhattan at Hudson Terrace, a rooftop club. I was high on Gemini ALL WEEKEND!
- I attended Young Paris’s new album release African Vogue at a rooftop bar called Output in Brooklyn, NY.Photo Credit: sojeffro & IG: ennuinature
- MY HOLIDAY WEEKEND WAS LIT. THE LEVEL OF LITUATION WAS AWARD WINNING.
Did you pick up the common themes here? Are you beginning to understand the key to my Self-Care this summer? Rooftops Affairs. Birthdays. Good African & Caribbean Music. Basically, if you are celebrating your birthday on a rooftop, chances are, you will have fun and… you should invite me. I need to maintain my self-care regiment. Bodyrolling.