Summer Sixteen is here and so is the heat. As I maneuver through these streets, my S.L.A.Y. game requires a hat. I looked at my collection of Fedoras and walked away unsatisfied. To the thrift store I went. But… I was disappointed because I couldn’t find what my spirit wanted. I needed something… that compliments my style and personality. I needed something that would catch my eye and make me squeal. I needed a YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSS! After leaving three thrift stores disappointed, I headed to my Style Guy, Mannie Toraz to pick up items he pulled for a shoot, and it led me to my new baby! My summertime jewel. My classy boo. I named her Chelsea and we go together.
Five reasons I fell for Chelsea:
- Her neutral tones pair well with my bold color palette.
- Her wide brim allows me to hide in my thoughts, unbothered by my surroundings.
- She sits with ease and comfort over my big hair!
- We met at a 50% off sale.
- She loves me too. It’s always better when the feelings are mutual, you know?
Style Guide (From Head to Toe)
Hat: The Limited
Dress: Sheath Denim by Amyang Fashun (Available Upon Request)
Handbag: Wicker Carry Case (Miss GK’s Personal Collection)
Jewelry: Hand Beaded Jewelry (Miss GK’s Personal Collection from Sierra Leone, West Africa)
Shoes: Pour La Victoire Platform Sandal
Photography: Dior Davis Photography
~xo Miss GK~