The quality of being thankful| readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
In 2016, I took a leap of faith and walked away from a toxic, mundane, work environment to focus on creating opportunities for myself where I spent my time earning income by doing what serves my soul. I was unhappy, and I needed to make a change. It was one of the hardest years ever, but I learned how important it is to be of faith and gratitude. I lost a lot of material things, but I found clarity in my purpose and myself in life. There are a lot of people who have been a part of my journey up until that moment. Some of them have stayed by my side, and some have not. I am grateful for every person, regardless of the role that they have played.
This platform embodies me and what I am passionate about. Thank you for appreciating the work that lives on this site, and sharing this site with others.
There are a few people that I must give a special acknowledgment to. Their energy and belief in my projects are immeasurable and I am forever filled with gratitude.
- My Mom
- My Sisters
- My Best Friends
- The Dope Creatives that allow me to interview them, and tolerate my jokes!
- Every Photographer and Editor that patiently works with me, and captures my vision. You all are the real MVPs!
- The Love of my Life… you inspire me every day.
- The clients and business associates of Amyang Fashun and my other projects & initiatives.
- Every young black woman out there that isn’t afraid to redefine the negative stereotypes of us. We are #blackgirlmagic!
Photography by Capture Classic